Reference in this notice to “personal data” means any information that identifies, or could reasonably be used to identify a living individual, either on its own or together with other information. Please read this notice carefully to understand our practices with respect to personal data. If you need any additional information, or you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Who we are
Founders Lair (“Founders Lair,” “we,” or “us”) is an online platform where startups can apply to international programs that can help them scale. Our platform is accessible from https://founderslair.com/ and https://app.founderslair.com/ Founders Lair is on a mission to accelerate the world’s transformation to a decentralized and digital innovation ecosystem.
Founders Lair is officially headquartered in Singapore. Following are the details of Founders Lair’s office.
Singapore office, established 2021
Founders Lair Pte. Ltd.
160 Robinson Road, #14-04 Singapore Business Federation Centre Singapore (068914)
Representative is Jelte Ansgar Wingender.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
As a website-based open innovation platform, we regularly receive personal data as part of our services.
Personal data is not only created by a user’s interactions with Founders Lair websites. Personal data is also generated from technical processes such as contact forms, data analysis carried out by our data team, application forms, comments, cookies, analytics, and third party embeds.
Founders Lair landing page (accessible from https://founderslair.com/ ) is powered by WordPress. By default, WordPress does not collect any personal data about visitors.
The personal data that we collect and process may include:
Personal data that you give us, including:
- Registration. We collect the mandatory information required to create your user account and to register for the services we provide on our website, meaning your name, email address, and password.
- Profile. You have choices about the information in your profile, such as, whether to provide your title, photograph, country, education, professional skills, and employment preferences. You don’t have to provide additional information in your profile; but profile information helps you to get more from our services, like being identified by our partners and project owners to participate in a program. If applicable, your profile will also show membership in a team(s).
- Messages, postings and uploads. We collect personal data from you when you provide, post or upload it to our website, such as when you apply to a program, when you upload deliverables (e.g., documents, presentations, your startup information, finance details, audio/video files) submitted as part of your application to a startup program, when you chat or message with other members of the community, post announcements, or use public message boards.
- Technical information. We keep a record of any correspondence between you and us, such as information that you send when you report a problem with our website or service.
- Any other information relating to you which you may or choose to provide to us.
We also collect data through:
If you leave any kind of comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices.
If you edit or publish anything on our website (a project, a profile, a company), an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie also includes personal data and indicates the post ID of what you just edited or published, as well as all the data you are uploading to our website.
Types of cookies:
We use the following types of cookies:
- Session cookies for site management: when you access the site, a cookie “token” with a unique encrypted session id code is passed to your computer. This token then controls your access to the site for that session, and is deleted once you close your browser or log off from the site. These cookies also allow us to identify your device and preferences when you return to our website, such as customized features, language and regional preferences. These cookies are an essential part of the site delivery system, and you will not be able to fully use our site without these cookies enabled. [The information gathered by these cookies is anonymous, and is used only to improve your experience on our website.]
- Persistent cookies for site management: if you register on the site and select the “Remember me” option, a persistent cookie is passed to your computer. This cookie is not deleted when you leave the site or close your browser, but is saved on your computer. This cookie contains an encrypted user id code that identifies your computer upon future visits and automatically logs you into the site. This cookie is functional, and is designed to remember your preferences, to make your experience on our site better. [It does not contain any personal information that could be used to identify you.
- Analytics cookies. We use Google Analytics and Hotjar to monitor traffic on our site. When you visit our site, these programs set certain cookies that record statistical information about your visits to the site. We measure the number of visits, the number of pages viewed as well as visitors’ activity on the site and their frequency of return. This helps us improve our website and its functionality, for example, by ensuring that users can navigate it intuitively. These cookies do not store any personal information that could be used to identify you.
Please note that if you uninstall a cookie, you may not be able to use some of our services on our website.
Founders Lair follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this as part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Information that we collect automatically from a third-party source, including:
Technical Information. When you visit our website, we collect information relating to the devices you use and the networks to which you are connected. This technical information, includes your IP address, log-in information, bandwidth used, time of visit, browser type and version, browser plug-ins types and versions, operating system, information about your visit including the URL clickstream, download/upload errors, pages visited, page interactions, and other connection data held in our logs. We collect this information using different technologies, like cookies (see our Cookies Notice below).
In collecting the Personal Data, the Data Controller shall inform the data subject, of such details:
(1) the purpose of the collection.
(2) notification of the case where the data subject must provide his or her Personal Data for compliance with a law, or contract, including notification of the possible effect where the data subject does not provide such Personal Data.
(3) the Personal Data to be collected and the period for which the Personal Data will be retained.
(4) Persons or entities to whom Personal Data may be disclosed;
(5) information, address, and the contact channel details of the Data Controller, or its Data Protection Officer.
(6) the rights of the data subject.
How long we retain your data
Data is retained indefinitely, until the user asks to delete them. Every user has the right to access anytime their personal data stored on our database. If you need help with this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information you have shared with others (e.g., through messages, applications, public company profile, projects published, chats or on message boards/walls) will remain visible after you close your account, but will be anonymized. Your profile may continue to be displayed in the services of others (e.g., search engine results) until the user refreshes their cache.
We may also retain your personal data for an additional period to the extent necessary to assert or defend against legal claims.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data to provide, support and develop our innovation platform service. We use your personal data to:
- allow you to take part in the startup programs listed on our website;
- enable you to personalize your user profile/account;
- send you service-related information (e.g., confirmation of your application to a program or a project, success or rejection notices) by email and/or any other communication means;
- enable you to find and interact with other community members, such as team members, mentors, jury members and/or the organizers of a project;
- publish an announcement that you are a finalist or got selected for a program/project through Founders Lair;
- give you access to our support services to enable you to communicate with us;
- keep our website secure and safe;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- send you, in accordance with applicable laws and where required, with your consent, marketing materials and suggestions of our services (e.g., up-coming projects) that may interest you;
- notify you about changes to our services;
- administer our website, including for troubleshooting, access, data analysis, testing, research, analytic and survey purposes;
- improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner; and
- comply with our legal obligations, including court orders and other legal or regulatory requirements.
Who we share your data with
In this section you should name and list all third-party providers with whom you share site data, including partners, cloud-based services, payment processors, and third-party service providers, and note what data you share with them and why. Link to their own privacy policies if possible.
By default, WordPress does not share any personal data with anyone.
The legal basis for data processing
We collect, use and share the data that we have in the ways described above:
- as necessary to provide the services on our website and fulfill the Terms and Conditions;
- consistent with your consent, which you may revoke at any time through your profile page;
- as necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- as necessary for our legitimate interests, including our interests in providing an innovative, personalized, and effective service to our users and partners, unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of personal data.
What rights you have over your data
Every user has the right to access anytime their personal data stored on our database. If you need help with this, please contact us at email@example.com
If you have an account on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where your data is sent
We store your personal data in Asia. Our data center is located in Hong Kong. If you use our website, your personal data may be shared among Founders Lair partners and clients (both inside and outside Asia).
We may also transfer personal data to third parties, including those based outside Asia, for example (but not limited to) sub-contractors and third parties involved in providing services, clients or partners. When we transfer your personal data, we will do this in accordance with applicable data protection laws and will take appropriate safeguards to ensure its integrity and protection.
Every time you apply to a project on Founders Lair, part of your personal data and startup data is accessible by the project owner (our client). In addition, when the project owner is interested in your profile, the full data about your application is shared with them. Our clients have full access to the data provided by applicants during the application process.
This is necessary to ensure a selection process for startups that have applied to projects and programs listed on Founders lair platform.
Our website contains links to other websites, including to partner companies. Those websites have their own privacy practices, for which we do not accept responsibility or liability. Please review those policies before submitting any personal data.
This Privacy Notice was updated in July 2022. We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changing legal requirements or our processing practices. Any such changes will be posted on this website and will be effective upon posting.